Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Day 14 - Freeda Harris Baptist Center, Lookout, Kentucky

Wednesday May 4,2016 0.0 miles(0.0 km) - Rest Day


I decided I needed to take a rest day after cycling every day for nearly two weeks.  The Freeda Harris Baptist Center was a good place to take a rest day.  The center provides services, (food pantry, clothing and other support) to those of need of such services in the area.  The need here is high as this is a coal mining area and most of the mines are shut down due to regulations.

After arrivingyesterday I assisted the volunteers unloading a van of food for the food pantry. I asked if they needed help with anything today and they said no but that I was free to stay and relax.

I spent my day resting, doing some laundry and getting this blog up to date.  Tomorrow I am back on the road.  Should be about three days and I will be out of the Appalachians. 

Freeda Harris Baptist Center

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting a day of rest. Sleep well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved rest. Really enjoying following your journey.

    ReplyDelete